The lawyers at Bernstein Liebhard LLP have achieved extraordinary results and recovered over $3 billion for their clients. Some of the Firm’s major accomplishments include:
- Recovery of a $586 million settlement against some of the largest investment banks on Wall Street
- Recovery of a $400 million settlement against the largest insurance broker in the world.
- Forcing a worldwide pharmaceutical company to revise a medical device to reflect the product’s limitations
- Achieving a settlement of over $100 million for investors in the infamous multi-billion dollar Bernard L. Madoff Ponzi scheme
- Achieving a $14.7 million verdict from a four-week jury trial regarding illegal business practices that affected hundreds of auto body repair shops
- Recovering a $25 million partial settlement in an action alleging massive price-fixing in the egg industry on behalf of purchasers of shell eggs and egg products.
- The Firm and its lawyers serve in leadership roles in numerous high-profile litigations, from cases involving shareholder and consumer rights to consumer injury lawsuits against medical device and drug manufacturers.
- Appointed to the Plaintiff’s’ Steering Committee in In re Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation; In re American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation; In re Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation; and In re C.R. Bard, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, four transvaginal mesh multidistrict litigations pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia. The vaginal mesh lawsuits allege that various pelvic mesh manufacturers marketed a defective product and failed to warn patients about the potential complications associated with the products. The Firm also serves on multiple plaintiff subcommittees for these cases, coordinating discovery and trial.
- Appointed Co-Liaison Counsel in the In re Pelvic Mesh/Gynecare Litigation, and In re Pelvic Mesh Litigation/Bard, two consolidated actions of transvaginal mesh lawsuits in New Jersey state court. These lawsuits involve hundreds of claims from women who suffered serious vaginal mesh injuries against multiple mesh manufacturers.
- Appointed Vice-Chair and later Chair of the Executive Committee in In re Initial Public Offering Securities Litigation, one of the largest and most complex securities cases in history.
- Appointed Co-Lead Counsel in In re Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, a federal multidistrict case alleging a price-fixing conspiracy against the nation’s largest egg producers.
- Appointed Lead Counsel in the securities actions brought by investors in the Bernard L. Madoff scheme.
- Appointed Co-Lead Counsel representing thousands of tenants in a case alleging New York City landlords overcharging by hundreds of millions of dollars.